Saturday, March 3, 2012

Battle Trolls: Trollminator (one of 2 of my treasured toys)

Another memorable toy my parents bought me when i was a child was this Battle Troll Trollminator.



i remembered my mom took me to the newly  opened then, toykingdom megamall and i was asked to pick up one toy for my 8th birthday.i still remembered i first saw and obliged to picked up a Uncanny X-Men Cable. since the salesman had no idea what i was looking for. (he was actually pointing me to a  clown the spawn series since it resembles a troll hair then).. luckily for me when we were about to pay for the no choice Cable toy. and to my surprise we saw this whole peg of the newly released BATTLE TROLLS! i immediately look for and grabbed TROLLMINATOR (since the idea was to really get him in the first place). i went home a happy birthday boy after all.





this toy was obviously inspired by the arnold swarchzenegger' 80's ultra violent movie the terminator.




the fact that it only had a 1 point of articulation. still it surpasses the fact that this toy was a cross breed of an adorable troll and a violent action flick!not to mention good details and colorful paints. and a unique (then) action feature where his robot half glows in the freakin dark! so imagine how many times i turned on and off our lights when i was playing with this. lol! probably the reason why i liked this toy then.



made by Hasbro and released in 1992 in which during that time troll toys was a trend. it was probably a marketing strategy for hasbro to release trolls with a version for boys.




TROLLMINATOR!! ONE OF 2 OF MY MOST TREASURED TOY GIVEN BY MY MOTHER.....
here's the other one of my treasured toy... Vintage Cyclops




it didn't stop from owning 1 piece of this bad ass. up to date i have 6 of this: 




"BIG HAIRED DUDES WITH BAD ATTITUDES"

No comments:

Post a Comment